Monday, December 10, 2012

You are not going to believe this....

So Saturday I was in awful pain for a good portion or the afternoon and night...it was rough but I kept thinking it was something I ate, or anything else. Sunday I got up and felt strange but the pain was gone so I tried to do things (but I was scared to eat or drink anything....). Well after dinner that night, the pains came back full force and I knew I couldn't deal with it for another full night. So Jeff took me to the ER at the hospital (Why does stuff like this happen on the weekends where there is no where else to go?) Luckily my friend Glenn, YOU are an Angel!!! Thank you!, came over and sat at our house so we didn't have to take Norah with us. Long story short...I have Gallstones in my Gallbladder. The pains I was having are Gallbladder attacks and let me tell you...it feels like death is coming.
So after they verified it was not infected, I got lots of medicine to take until I can see the surgeon next Wednesday in which we will schedule to have my gallbladder removed. How exciting (sarcasm.) I still cannot believe it as this came out of nowhere! Now I have to eat super careful until the surgery and then after the surgery there is a change in what you can eat too. I asked if I could still work out...and he kinda looked at me crazy and said "Do you want to work out?" Ummmm...yes....that is why I asked....so he said I could if I felt like it I could but not to overdue it.
 
I hope to have the surgery over Christmas break so that I won't have to miss any work, etc. Well I am off to try to do some things around here that I wasn't able to do last night and figure out what in the world I can eat for dinner.
 
P.S. Up until this weekend...I had no idea where the gallbladder was located in the body...so weird! (This is why I teach Math)
Had to leave you with a fun picture! Norah wore this to Church yesterday...hat and all!
 
 

No comments: