Monday, September 23, 2013

Books, Movies, and Randoms....

I have finished reading two books lately. One is "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce. I liked it but I wanted it to be even better...does that make sense? It was a good book.
Then I just finished up "Moloka'i" by Alan Brennert which was a fabulous book...a must read! It was so insightful to hear about something I knew nothing about and combining it with a great fictional story too. I really enjoyed it and hope to read some of the other books by this author.
A couple of weeks ago I watched the movie..."Anna Karenina" and really enjoyed it. I know the story lines were shortened to fit the time frame of a movie so now I want to read the book. This may be the book for Christmas break this year. (Plus...a lot of British actors are in it which is always a plus for me!)
Also the other week Jeff and I caught the end of one of my favorite "teacher" movies on TV..."Mr. Holland's Opus." I love that movie! I hope I have even a little of the impact he has on his students on my own students. A must see...I cry every time!
A couple weekends back...Glenn and I headed to Georgetown and went shopping at the new spots downtown. Such cute stores! We also got to eat at the new restaurant...ZEST...we ordered sushi and it was good but I wanted it to be even better (I so miss the sushi we got in Charlotte!) I would go again though...it is fun to sit outside in this weather at all the restaurants on the water too.

Last night we went to a fundraiser for our school and had a wonderful time! It was so much fun talking to everyone who attended and getting to hang out with all the teachers outside of school. Of course the food was phenomenal as always! Cannot beat good friends, food and fun...it is always a winning combo!

Next up is to read a book from the list of South Carolina Junior Book Award Nominees 2013-2014..."The Apothecary" by Maile Meloy. Now time to get ready for football and bed!

No comments: