Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Club, Beach and TV Shows...

We had book club Thursday night (Thanks for hosting Jan!) and discussed our book "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" which was great! My mom is now listening to it on "tape" and I cannot wait to hear her views as it is one of those books that makes you think about things. We ended up putting some names of books in a "hat" and Jan picked one randomly. Up next is "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Right Where you Are" by Ann Voskamp.
Friday we had a lock down at school due to a bank robbery in the area. We were able to dismiss the students at regular time and luckily we were all safe and nothing happened at our school. I thought our school did a great job working together and taking all the necessary precautions. It was an experience but so happy with the outcome. We knew we needed a low key weekend to regroup from all the busy we have been doing. So we took the dogs on the beach on Saturday to let them run. It was a beautiful day! It is always refreshing to be on the beach...there is nothing like it! Norah collected a lot of great shells and Darcy and Finn had a blast running wild!





So in our down time we watched some TV shows...We recorded "The Americans" and watched the first one. I think it will be a good show to watch this Spring.

Next I recorded the first "The Bible" from the History Channel and watched it. I thought it was interesting. I think it will be a great mini-series to watch and am recording the rest of them.
Also we randomly caught the show "Banshee" on Cinemax and it is far-fetched, random and very adult but it is entertaining because it is crazy. It is not for the faint of heart...
Today we went to our friends Amanda and Lilly's birthday party! Amanda and her daughter, Lilly, share the same birthday...how cool! It was a great time and met some wonderful new folks too! I love that so many people we are meeting live in our neighborhood. I think Norah is going to have a great time growing up here. Also at Church today, a student from our school (she is a senior) sang a solo and it was great! I was so impressed! Well I am excited that it should start getting lighter later with the time change which will make me feel like I can get more done in a day! Hopefully Sping weather will be following soon too! Well time to gear up for the start of a new week!

No comments: