Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break has Started!

Last week was...one of those weeks. Needless to say that after I had hit the exhaustion wall on Thursday...I got a good night sleep on Thursday night and Spring Break started! I forgot to show Norah's painting from last week...it was Watermelon time!

Norah dyed eggs on Friday and she did a great job! They came out so bright in color! We did the eggs in the morning and then Norah went to my mom's house to hang out so that I could get some things done and even was able to make it to the Good Friday service at our Church. The service was really great and to be honest...exactly what I needed after the week I had. There is a feeling of happiness I always get when I go to Church. The service was full of stillness and quiet movements, you could visualize the story as it was told. I felt refreshed after it and ready to conquer Spring Break 2013!
Friday night we headed to our Friend's house to celebrate Rowan's 3rd birthday! It was a lot of fun...they had snow cones, a pinata filled with candy and lots of food! The kids and adults had a blast! This morning we got up and headed to Brookgreen Gardens for the Eggstravaganza! They had Alice and Wonderland characters out and stations set up around the gardens...it was a good time!











I have gotten to watch some Random movies (actually just parts of movies...caught the end of "As Good as It Gets", part of "Sleepless in Seattle" and half of "Pride and Prejudice") and read my book too! I am so excited about Spring Break...I plan on watching more movies, reading a lot, spending loads of time with Norah, hanging out with our friends, Spring cleaning around the house and just enjoying time off! Well now to make some "Pokey" Cake and a casserole for Easter lunch tomorrow and hang out with Jeff! I hope the Easter Bunny stops by our house tonight!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi BlogFriend:
Ahhhhhhh. Spring Break! Don't you feel like life slows down a bit and you can just breathe better?!
I am sending you an Easter hug and wishing you plenty of quiet relaxation, reading time and fun with the family...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade