Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week in Review...

This will probably be a random post as this week was pretty busy and a blur. We had school where my kids had standardized testing so we worked on our tessellations. I will have to post pictures when they are all done. They are so cool! The weather is turning warmer which is awesome! We were able to open the doors at our house this week some and let the fresh air in! Love it! There is pollen everywhere but it does not seem to be as bad as it was in Charlotte.
Norah went to the painting class again on Wednesday and this time painted surfboards.
She is really loving going to the class and it works out awesome because her art teacher at school is able to take her after school to it for me. I always have a meeting on Wednesday after school so I like knowing that she has something to do while I'm at the meeting. I wonder what they will paint this week!
Friday night Jeff went to spend the night out on a "island" to do some fishing and hanging out so I finally got to watch the movie "Life of Pi"...I cannot say enough good things about it. Having read the book and knowing what would happen...it still made me cry and utterly mesmerized by everything (the film itself is beautifully done.) The movie is now one of my all time favorites! I cannot get it out of my head...it may be a movie I own so I can watch it again and again! I loved all the actors who played Pi but especially the adult Pi. Just an amazing movie and story! It makes you think about all kinds of things. You have to watch it now!

Saturday we went with friends to the baseball fields in Georgetown for their opening day. I took my sister's son, Alex, with us. After we finished watching some baseball, I picked up a lunch for them and took them to a park to eat and play. It was so beautiful outside that I didn't want to spend anytime inside. We ended the night having pizza with my mom, Denny, Glenn and all the kids at my mom's house. The whole day was great and the kids had a blast!

Today we went to Church and of course Norah sported some green! And had dinner with my mom, Denny and Alex. Jeff cleaned his boat and I cleaned out my car...a relaxing Sunday!
This week is set up to be pretty busy and crazy and will end with a bang as this Saturday is a 5K run/1 mile walk at our school. I will be volunteering at the race and Jeff and Norah will be doing the 1 mile walk. It should be a great time and there is still time to sign up at www.mindsontherun.com

Well now it is time to do the normal Sunday night routine to prepare for tomorrow. I will leave you with a picture that Jeff took with his phone of Norah that he sent to me and said that Norah looks just like me! What do ya think? I love my Jeff and Norah!!!

No comments: