Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Still in shock....and what has been happening...

I really am in shock about what happened in Boston. It seemed surreal. It brought back memories of September 11. When I heard about it...I wondered if something else would happen. I am in shock of the videos they have shown on TV and watching people crumble to the ground or bleeding. It is awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Boston and in our country in general. Innocent people. It just makes me sad.
This past weekend Norah and Jeff headed to Charlotte to attend the funeral of our sister-in-law's mother. I was not able to go as I had committed to being at work that day and attending a school event. Norah had a blast playing with her friends, cousins and Vee Vee! She loved going to our old neighborhood and hanging out with the Oliver and Williams Families and then getting to go to Aunt Robyn and Uncle Buck's house too. She got to make balloons animals with Vee Vee too. She also loved having a trip with just her and her Daddy. I missed them lots! I stayed home and attended a middle school play at our school...the kids were great! I also was productive and got a lot of cleaning done. Now if only I would work outside...our yard is a hot mess! Jeff and Norah returned on Saturday and we had a low key night! Sunday we missed Sunday School but made it to Church. We then had dinner with my Mom, Denny, Aunt Susan and Uncle Bill. We watched the Masters (loved that Adam Scott won!) and then the week started! Yesterday Norah was asked  to be a "model" in a catalogue that comes out in the fall. They took her pictures at school...cannot wait to see what it ends up looking like...I think she modeled a book bag! Today was another day...whew! We have been busy and I feel that I have been at school or doing something for school a lot lately but with only about 6 weeks left...it is to be expected. Today the 6th graders, myself and two parents went out to lunch which was a lot of fun! One of the biggest perks for our school is the small class size. I could have never randomly taken my 6th graders out to lunch with one day notice. They are some great kids! Now if you just read all of that...bless you! So I feel I need to put some picture to end this with so here is one of Norah and her cute friend, Ellie, from the other weekend.

No comments: