Saturday, April 6, 2013

Not exactly as planned...

Well last Sunday...the Easter bunny did stop by our house and left some goodies for Norah!
Then we had a great lunch with my mom, Denny and two nephews who were in town for most of the week. Everything was great and Norah even stayed the night! Then I woke up Monday feeling strange, throat bothering me, cough and just was "off." We had a beach day and just hung out...I even got to see my friend Julie (even if it was brief!) (And Mrs. Julie and her family have gotten two pet rabbits...now Norah wants one too! We told her we might get her one down the road...)

Tuesday I woke up and boom...sickness was here. I had a fever all day even on medicine...103 fever at that! I could not even read a book as my eyeballs felt on fire. Needless to say, nothing happened that day! Luckily my mom was able to pick Norah up and she got to have fun with them.  Wednesday came and the fever was gone but I felt awful still and was pretty worthless and only able to do bare necessities around the house...again my mom totally helped out and took Norah again. Thursday...better but everything made me tire easy so still one of those days but at least it rained so I didn't feel as guilty. And Thursday also brought Jeff home not feeling so good...
Friday came and it was just Norah and I...we did puzzles, built a fort, had treasure hunts, etc. (Jeff had a super busy week this week too and got some of my sickness except not the fever part) I did have some Mom guilt as I originally planned to take Norah to Charlotte for part of the week and wanted her to have fun for her Spring Break...but she was a trooper and made the best of it. I do think she misses her friends and having ready playmates around. It worked out nicely that she was able to hang out with her Nini and cousins and had a lot of fun with them! We did have some family time today which was needed and so nice. Anyway...today I feel normal and now I have to catch up (I feel slightly overwhelmed with what all I have to do!) I think tomorrow will have to be a get up early kind of day as there is a lot to do before Monday rolls around. Even though I wish I had a few more days of Spring Break left instead of one...summer is right around the corner!

No comments: