Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

My grandfather and grandmother and Jeff's Dad were both in the military so wanted to share a little about them on this day...
My grandfather was Louis "Sonny" Harrell Siau Jr. (to me he was "Pop") and my grandmother was  Peternella "Nell" Catherine Joaquin Siau (to me she was grandmomma.)
My grandfather lost his leg in the war...and walked with crutches for the rest of his life...but there was nothing he didn't do! Today...he would have his stainless steel crutches out and head to the beach with us or maybe a boat ride! Source from HERE (page 11)
My grandmother was "not afraid" as they would say today! I spent some summers with them and she would always make my food for me (this may sound silly but it felt like a treat!)...I felt spoiled! Source from HERE  page 16

Jeff's dad (Norah called him Grandpop) passed away last year on May 19. Even though Norah is young, she still talks about Grandpop and of course Jeff misses him lots! Source from HERE

So far this long weekend we have seen a movie, spent time with friends, seen the family, hit the beach and had some Church time!
Norah really liked "Epic" and I thought it was cute too! We went with some friends from Norah's class so that was fun!
Believe it or not...Jeff and I had a date night Saturday night with our friends Julie and Scott from Charlotte...so much fun and so needed! We tried to take a self portrait but Jeff kept making me laugh so I gave up!

At Church this week, we collected items to send to the people in Oklahoma. Norah picked out toys, books, stuffed animals and clothes of her own to give to those in need...which is awesome to watch. The youth at the Church helped sort and box all the items. They even made signs to go with it...Norah's sign says "I love you" and "Have good days"...I think that says a lot right there! :)
Well today we are back to the beach and eating BBQ with my mom later too! Enjoy your day!

No comments: