Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday Things...

Today was a fun day! The Lower School Director (Hey Ginny!) and I went to an iPad class as we look to the future of our school moving to a 1-to-1 environment. The class was great and very informative and it was great to get to talk to Ginny about lots of fun things at our school! I also got to see someone that I knew way back when...my "Big Sister" from ADPi's real little sister (Hey Michelle! And I LOVE your hair!)...that was fun too!
I missed seeing my students today but left them with a project regarding using 21st Century Skills. It is kind of like a culmination of the year and the higher level thinking I want them to be able to accomplish. The project is set up to see them handle a task, as a group, where I ask them a lot of questions and give them some guidance but let them really take all the control. I really want to see what they can do with the information and what process they use to "figure" it out. The actual "task" is not that difficult but the to get to the end result...they must use all the skills listed below. Then they have to take what they learn and present it to the rising 6th grade class by teaching them to do a similar project. Should be interesting!
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week (and Nurses' Week too!) so I picked up some doughnuts this morning to take to the Lower School with a note on them from Norah...so she could show her teachers how much she loves them! And she (and me too) appreciate all they do for her and the school! Thank you teachers! Also I was remembering this post from last year's teacher appreciation week that you can read HERE (that note still cracks me up!)

Well I am off to chill with the Hubby and get geared up for Wednesday! And to leave you with a little thought of the day...

No comments: