Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Books #38 - #49 for 2017...


#38 "Origin" by Dan Brown
I have waited for what seems forever for Dan Brown's next book so I could not wait to read it. And I'm sad to say that I did not like it as much as his past books. I'm still in awe of all his research and writing...and crazy plots...but this one just wasn't my fave.

#39 "My Last Continent" by Midge Raymond
I really enjoyed this book. It was different in the setting and what was happening with the characters. A solid good book but it might not hold everyone's interest.

#40 "The Ice Queen" by Alice Hoffman
After reading "Faithful" by Alice Hoffman and loving it...I decided to read another book by Hoffman. I picked up "The Ice Queen" and meh...it was not that great for me. But no worries...I'm going to read another by her soon!

#41 "When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin
I have loved a couple of books by this author and have not some of his others. This goes in the "not" pile for me. It is ok but I felt like the whole story could have been edited down a lot. It was very repetitive and I didn't jive with the characters as much in this one.

#42 "The Marriage Lie" by Kimberly Belle
This one was ok. It was an easy read and you wanted to know what happened...but nothing special for me.

#43 "The Littlest Bigfoot" by Jennifer Weiner
This is a book that Norah and I listed to on Audiobooks together. It was really cute and we will listen to the sequel at some point in the future.


#44 "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid
This book ended up being so different then what I imagined. I really liked it! I did not want to put it down as it was highly entertaining, smart, and different. I would recommend this book and I think I will see what else this author has written.

#45 "Winterstreet" by Elin Hilderbrand
This book is just a fun, breezy read and perfect for the Christmas season as it is Christmas time in the book. I've always read Hilderbrand's books in the summer so this is just like her normal "beach reads" but in a winter setting.

#46 "Roanoke Girls" by Amy Engel
This books is way strange and not in a good way. The writing is fine but the subject matter is odd. I don't think I would recommend.

#47 "The Wanderers" by Meg Howry
This book I had high expectations for but it did not deliver for me.

#48 "Endurance" by Scott Kelly
This is a nonfiction story about Scott Kelly's life and his time in space. I found this fascination and I loved it! It has me so interested in astronaut's life now and all things NASA. I really recommend this one.

#49 "The Lost City of the Monkey God" by Douglas Preston
This is a nonfiction book and I hoped it to be read like an adventure story. But no...not an adventure story...there are a couple parts of the book I liked but other parts were just ok.

Hoping to hit 52 books this year!! Better get on it!

No comments: