Thursday, June 17, 2010

Had no idea...

I had no idea that they made a movie of one of my favorite books..."The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"! A friend of ours (Toby) just told us it was playing at the local theatre in Charlotte (Manor)...I so want to go see it!! I might have to see if we can get a babysitter in the next week and go check it out. Toby said it was great! I guess I haven't heard about it because it isn't at the main movie theatres?

Okay so I have to brag on Norah for a minute (Moms..you understand!)...everyday they do an art project at school in the morning and at the end of the day you pick it up with their stuff. So hate to say it but usually I just throw it away unless it is something stellar. (Sorry Norah!) Well yesterday Jeff picked her up and brought home her art...I looked at it and said "no way Norah did this...the teacher must have done it with her." So I just trashed it...
Well today I dropped Norah off and the teacher asked me what I thought of Norah's art work yesterday....I said "What? She didn't do it...did she?" and they were like....yes...she did it all by herself with no help and they couldn't believe how good it was! They said it was the best they had seen in her class. That she took her time and they were just as amazed as I was. The teacher wrote her name in the bottom right corner and drew the green grass over the name...then told Norah that she drew grass. Norah drew the rest...the flowers, sun and cloud!! I am sorry but for a 2 yr old who will be 3 in less than two weeks and you can tell exactly what everything is and using the right colors...genius! :) Just had to share...here is the pic! (I called Jeff at home and had him get it out of the trash can!)
Well I'm off to get one more load of laundry done and then bedtime for me!!

1 comment: