Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Creek Walk and Crabs...

Today Norah went on her first creek walk and we had so much fun! We headed over to my Aunt Susan's house during low tide and went on a little walk looking at crabs, shells, and just the surroundings. Here is Norah getting ready...

I bought her some tennis shoes on clearance at Target that she could wear since they would get muddy. She was really good for her first time. She freaked a little and I carried her through the water parts but would walk when it was "land." It was beautiful...here is looking back toward my aunt's house while we were on the walk.
The tide was definitely coming in and it was a little deeper on the way back but no worries...my aunt had some clean clothes for us. My mom and her neighbor, Mrs. Lorna came along too! Then we got to watch my aunt pull up her crab trap and cook the crabs...Norah liked this too!

This was after the crabs were cooked and put on the tray. She then helped Aunt Susan pick the claws and legs off the crabs and would eat any crab meat that lingered. We also went to the local Farmer's Market that is on Wednesday here and my mom got me some loot...
I'm gonna roast the okra, baby eggplants and baby squash tomorrow!

Well needless to say, Norah had a big day and I love that she loves doing all this fun "beach" stuff! I know I had a great time too! Norah and I were both worn out from the morning adventure and now can't wait for her Aunt Susan to take us for a boat ride! It did rain again this afternoon so we had a low key afternoon and were able to rest. Let's see what tomorrow brings...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Norah is such a cutie-pie!
I am so glad you had such a fun adventture!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade