Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New food and wine finds and a new book...

So today it is raining...we needed it...so we have been inside getting some things done, phone calls made, etc. We had some beach time on Sunday...
Yesterday was errand day and my mom watched Norah while I went to Target and Costco in Myrtle Beach to do a big grocery shopping trip.

So I thought I would share some recent food and wine finds...first up my new yogurt that Norah and I both love. This particular flavor is not sold in Pawleys Island (yet!...hoping to talk the Fresh Market into carrying it as they have some others in the same brand) so Jeff has brought some from Charlotte when he comes.
It is Voskos Honey Vanilla Bean and I love it! I'm not the biggest yogurt person ever but this is the right texture and flavor for me and Norah eats it too!

Then I got these crackers at Costco before and they are great! They are great alone or with cheese.

And to some wines that I have had that are perfect especially for summer! I am a red wine drinker and usually drink Cabernet but really like these blends lately...two to try are...
 Dreaming Tree is actually a wine made by Dave Matthews! I really like the "Crush" one and the Cab is good too! I found these through my friend Christie...I've seen them sold at Target too!


This is one that my friend Anna showed me and it is a great everyday wine! It is easy to spot with the colored horses on it too! Both are not that expensive with the "Hot to Trot" wine being the cheaper of the two.

Onto books, I finished "The Beach House" and it was a good, light read. I've decided to stay on the beach theme and read "Silver Girl" by Elin Hilderbrand next.

Well Norah and I are headed to my Aunt Susan's house later to eat fresh steamed crabs, shrimp and corn...yum! We had hoped to take a boat ride but think the rain may be here to stay. I also have got to find some more "kid" things for Norah to do to be with other kids...I think she is having kid withdrawals! I'll leave you a pic of Norah and the puppies (sorry lighting is terrible in pic! Ouch!)

1 comment:

Mer said...

Ok- that yogurt and the Dreaming Tree wines are both my faves!