Sunday, July 29, 2012

Love the Olympics and the weekly updates...

So this past week was filled with the usual plus Norah's 5 year appointment and my first staff meeting at my new school. Norah's appointment went great and it is so hard to believe that she is 5 years old...she is still over the 95 percentile in height and weight and is super healthy!
Friday we went to a local Peach Festival at a church expecting the same kind of festival feel that we had at the Pawleys Island Festival earlier in the summer (remember the awesome Tiger face!)..well it was super hot and just was not the same...Norah still wanted her face painted and she also got her hair sprayed a color...but it was just too hot to stay long.
Friday was also my mom's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINI/FRANKIE/MOMMA!) and we had a new "neighbor night" that we went to. I met a woman who lives in our neighborhood and she invited another couple over that also lived in the neighborhood and grilled out and just chatted. There were kids for Norah to play with and it was great! You know how I love my neighbor nights! (We miss you Charlotte neighbors!!)

And now the Olympics are on...it is funny as I do not really think a lot about the Olympics during the years in between but when it is on, whether it is summer or winter Olympics, I become addicted. It is on our TV non-stop! Love it! Go Team USA! And Norah is so funny watching it and hearing her comments about what is happening! We were watching the men's bike race and Norah said "I wish Daddy was in the race." and things like "England, I love England. It is my favorite country." She is cracking me up!

So speaking of the Olympics, I am also obsessed with the YouTube video of the swim team acting out to the song "Call me Maybe"....I could watch it a zillion times. Check it out HERE...

1 comment:

anne said...

Yay! Love catching up. I am loving the olympics. we watched them at this mexican restaurant last night and everyone there was so into it. Can't wait for more tonight! I also watched all of season 1 of homeland and really love it. I'm so happy for your new job, can't wait to hear about the students. I'm happy we're both living our dream. I knew we could do it :-)