Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Book and Beach time...

Well I finished "Insurgent" and it was good but not near as good as "Divergent" and to be honest not sure whether I will read the last one when it comes out or not. We'll see. Decided my next book should be a real beach read so started reading "The Beach House" by Mary Alice Monroe. Good so far...
This past Saturday, Jeff and his mom headed to our house to spend the week here. Norah and I ran some errands that day and then grabbed lunch at Groucho's Deli and I took a pic of her to send to Jeff and told her to make a silly face...this is what face she made....it cracks me up!

We finished watching Season 1 of "Homeland" this week and really liked it (The last two episodes kinda get on my nerves but I guess that is what it is supposed to do) and tried to start watching Season 1 of "Game of Thrones." There is so much hype about it but we couldn't get into it. So now what other cable series should we watch this summer while we have free cable channels?

The rest of the week has been a lot of beach time. We did get to go over to my Aunt Susan's beach house and check out all the crabs in her crab trap...should have taken a pic of that...Norah really was into the. We hope to take her for a creek walk next week. Today I think we may have a beach break day...we need it! Here are some pictures from the week...




 My mom got this float out and she had so much fun with my mom on it...this was on the 4th of July... :)
So after beach time on the 4th of July, we went over to some friends of Jeff's family for dinner. They had brought down BBQ and I made the Peanut-Cola Cake from the July Southern Living magazine...it turned out good and looked just liked the picture below from the magazine...
I completely forgot to take a picture of the real cake and pictures of Norah earlier in the night. She even had her cute 4th of July bow in her hair. And then when I thought to take pics...I used my phone instead of my camera...not smart (I think it was the wine that made me do it...) :) Anyway I had to try to capture her...
 I made her stop her run to the beach to take this pic...she looks dazed! She had these glow in the dark things wrapped around her legs and arms...she got these from strangers...but hey...it made it easy to see her on the beach!
Daddy Jeff...he is too cute! I do wish I had taken more pictures (with camera and not phone) of the night as some of the people there are friends of Jeff's that he doesn't get to see much and I know he would have loved to have a pic of everyone. We had a great time over there and they were so good about entertaining Norah. She had never stayed up that late and it was her first time watching the fireworks! I also would have loved to get a family pic of the three of us...I mean we get like one a year!

So today we hopefully can get a little rest, do some errands and work around the house maybe then I am sure we will be back to beach time tomorrow...

No comments: