Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Things

This is my last week of summer vacation before I head back to work next Monday so we are trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible. We have had some rain but yesterday and today we were able to get in lots of beach time. Norah loves the beach (me too!) so it is so fun to watch her go between running around, playing in the sand and floating and riding waves in the ocean.




I also have been loving connecting to old friends on Facebook but of course this eats up a ton of time (which is why I didn't join until now!) but it has been worth it and I'm sure the newness will wear off soon! But I did get Jeff to sign up for it now too so we will see if he becomes addicted!

In my other free time this week I have hit the gym for a workout (on week 4 of C25K program....loving it!) and another yoga class tonight. Norah has really liked going to the childcare at the gym so it works out for both of us. I have also finished one book....
"Wild (From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail)" by Cheryl Strayed. I liked it but I kinda thought it was all over the place. I really loved "Eat Pray Love" so this was not as good as that one was for me.

Now I'm reading...
"The Lotus Eaters" by Tatjani Soli which so far is good. I'll give the final thumbs up or down later. Before reading "Wild" I wanted to read "Outlander" but couldn't get into it so read some Harry Potter again! We also took a trip to Target during one of the rainy times and Norah got the "Lorax" DVD with a gift card she had from her birthday...love that movie!!! Well just 3 more days of summer vacation for me...I hope the rain holds off!!!

No comments: