Friday, August 24, 2012

Whew...week one is done...


It is so hard to believe that Norah has now completed her first week of kindergarten! We definitely had some getting used to the new morning routine (actually the day to day routine of real school and me working) and the urgency of actually having to be at school on time...I am hoping that we have worked out the kinks and will even be  better about time management in the mornings next week. This week was my first true week at my new school too so I also feel more in the groove now then at the beginning of the week...it is a different environment then where I was last year so trying to learn the ropes...but the kids are the same and getting adjusted to their new stage of life...middle school! I so love teaching and the kids have already shown me their personalities so it is exciting to get the new school year started!

Now to random thoughts...I was thinking how I really do not want to cook tonight and miss some quick places to pick up dinner that we had in Charlotte. I could so eat Chipotle tonight...there isn't any "fast" burrito places around here...

 And man...I discovered Jet's Pizza in the last months of living in Charlotte and their pan pizza crust is so good...Yum!
 I so miss Panera and the ability to grab a quick sandwich, soup or salad...there are limited "fast" food options around here
 Or even a Trader Joe's to pick up a prepared meal or a frozen Orange Chicken to cook real quick. But I'm starting to find some places here and there around here that can do a quick option...and Target isn't too far away now...

Also on the reading front...I finished "The Lotus Eaters" and liked it. I seem to like fictional books that are set in some type of foreign land or war time. I'm actually reading a "real" book instead of the Kindle right now because someone gave me a book to read..."Sea Change" by Karen White


I just started it but I'll keep you posted on it. I also have 30 books listed on my Wish List on Amazon.com (anyone want to buy me one! Ha!) that I want to read one day...it keeps growing!

Also can we say how much I love to use quotation marks ("") and the dot, dot, dot (...) can't help it...it is so easy to use in blog land when writing! Ha! Well Jeff should be here soon and I'm excited about a family night and weekend!

No comments: