Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I swear it feels like Thursday but nope it is Wednesday!

Yo! Well let's catch up...last Friday, Hubby and I took baby girl with us to the wine store to get the beer and wine for the shower on Saturday. Of course, baby girl was being wild and crazy and I knew she was going to break something (she didn't!) so I said "you are driving me crazy, this is going to make me want to drink!" and Norah turned to me and said "Are you kidding me?"...it was hilarious...

Saturday I made the cookies for the party (made the dough on Friday night...) and also got a new TOY!!! I got a bike! I am so excited! I had been looking and did my research and got the best deal on a Cannondale Quick 4 (I got the men's version)...it is an "urban" bike and I love it so far! So let's discuss bike differences from now to when we were kids...

1. Ya gotta wear a helmet now...never wore one as a kid...safety is good
2. Your butt hurts now...they tell me this will get better
3. And you could ride forever...gotta build up!

I only got to take a quick spin on Saturday before the party...as I didn't want to get too gross...but you feel like a kid on it! It is fabulous (but hard)!

So Sunday I went on a ride through the neighborhood and then Monday...I got up at 5:30 and headed out for a neighborhood ride...then came back and got off and went to start running...and literally almost fell over. My legs were like jello! So I ran/walked.

Tuesday...walked with my neighbor in the AM. Wednesday...went back out on the bike and did the neighborhood loop and then got off....WALKED up the street and then started running...much better! I am pretty excited about having a bike to mix up the running the summer. My neighbor (not the one I walk with but my other one!) is trying to talk me into a mini triathlon in September...we'll see...

Tomorrow and Friday of this week...Jeff has to run production at work super early in the AM...so no workouts outside for me...so I might take tomorrow off and then Friday could be workout DVD and treadmill? The truth is I just like working out outside so much better than working out inside. So I will have to motivate myself!

Other things for this week...tomorrow Norah has a "Summer Fun" party at school but I have a doctor appt...so Daddy Jeff is going to go and hopefully get some pics with his cell phone. We also are taking Ranger to the vet tomorrow night (doesn't look good...sweet Ranger) and then I take Finn to the vet on Friday for his next round of shots.

Saturday I pick up new puppy Darcy (very exciting!) and his vet appt is next Tuesday...lots of time at the vet! Whew this was a long post...so I'll leave you with some pics! And of course...I should have pics of Darcy up this weekend and maybe even a pic of me on the bike in action! This is a generic picture of the bike!!

Here is a random pic of Norah running in the yard, with Finn on her heels, and she has all her jewelry on...necklaces, bracelets, etc. I told her she looked like a gypsy!

Can we say....I'm so excited about this book!! I love this series...I totally recommend going and buying them...this is the third and last one and I pre-ordered from amazon and got the hardback for $11!! It is on sale at Target now for $16! Anyway...I have been slack in the reading department lately...so I'm gonna finish my current book so I can read this next week!!!

No comments: