Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day = Rain Day

So it has been raining for 6 hours straight....yuck! I'm so over it...especially since I have two puppies that I am sure would love to be playing in the yard. This morning I was ready to go for a run and was actually going to go for at least 4 miles this morning...pretty excited about it. However, my sweet baby girl asked if she could go running with me...and who can refuse that cute face?! So Norah went in the stroller with me...I probably haven't taken her in the stroller since I went back to work in August. She is a little tall for it...her knees were jacked up! But she loved it and we went for a 3 miles walk. I was going to try to run but considering I was pushing a good 40 lbs...I decided a walk was perfect. The minute we got back...it started raining and hasn't stopped.

Yesterday I ran and did the grocery shopping (for the week...I hope) and hit up Trader Joes, EarthFare, and Harris Teeter. I also went to Lowes and got some flowers which Norah helped me plant in some planters. I'm so glad I got it done yesterday! Then we came back and Jeff and the neighbor put up a tent that we borrowed from a co-worker of mine. We are debating whether to go camping sometime soon and thought we would just make sure we knew how to put a tent together. Let's say it took a little longer to put up then planned but it is up and the kids had fun playing in it. We also set up the baby swimming pool and that was a hit with the kids too.

Jeff and I grilled out last night..turkey burger for him...veggie burger for me and lots of grilled veggies...it was super yummy!

Well it is hard to believe that tomorrow is June! Norah will be three in June...whoa! Also Ashley had her baby girl today....everyone is doing well! Norah may be getting sick...please don't!! And Darcy is on track now! The first night I had to get up with him at 1:30 am...but last night he slept the whole night through! He is doing fine in his crate and no crying. I take him to the vet tomorrow. So far it has been pretty normal having 3 dogs!

Well keep your fingers crossed that Norah just has a summer cold or something and nothing more. I pumped her up with a smoothie (blueberries, strawberries, banana, spinach, almond milk) we shared it and it was yummy! Also I made sure she had her vitamin.

Picture of the tent today in the rain. I also took this picture through the screen on the porch.

Norah ready to go on our stroller ride today! She had fun!

Posing by her swimming pool with the puppies!

The start of the pool, she then got naked and then we ventured and put on a bathing suit. Next the neighbors came over and played in it too. :)

Random pic of Norah the other day posing.
Well it was strange not going to the beach for Memorial Day but it was really nice to have three days at home too! Also I need a shout out to some May birthdays lately in Jeff's family....his brother Glenn's birthday was May 21, Niece Allyson's 16th birthday was May 29 and Jeff's brother Allan's is today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sorry about the rain but at least you got a walk in! good job!

www.runningwithsass.com