Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Musings...

1. I got up this morning and the first thing I heard about was Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively getting married at Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant, SC...doesn't it seem like he did the same thing when he married Scarlett...one day not married and "boom" then next day you find out he got married...hope this one is not going down the same path...
2. I have been sick for about the past 5 days but today finally started feeling better. Thank goodness! So now I feel like I have a million things to do to catch up.
 
 
3. I was reading "Sea Change" but wasn't loving it so switched gears and read "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. I liked but wished I had gotten the actual  book and not the Kindle version as there is a lot of cool stuff that I would like to re-read but would have to find on Kindle.  
Then I went back to reading "Sea Change" but I'm on page 85 and I'm still not into the book so I'm debating whether to read more and see or just switch to "Still Life" by Louise Penny? Decisions....
 
4. I've talked to some of my students from last year lately...I sure do miss all of them! They were a great bunch of kids. I also keep in touch with my team of teachers from last year and it is fun to hear how everyone is this school year.
 
5. Norah is having her first fundraiser at school...I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of Fundraisers. Sally Foster...so if you need anything...let me know! There is a code I can give you to give Norah credit on their website.
 
 

6. Does anyone in Charlotte (you could give to Jeff to bring) or near Pawleys Island have the turquoise "bubble" necklace you see everywhere? If so...can I borrow it to wear to something? Let me know!!
7. This past Friday night we had our new version of "Neighbor Night" that I think may be renamed "Friday Fun Family Night" with three other couples. There were 8 adults and 8 kids and we loved every minute of it!! We hope to host the next one! And since I didn't take any pics at it...here is a pic of Norah in the car this morning on the way to school. My mom found my bear that I loved when I was little, Beazel, and gave it to Norah...after a good washing...now Norah loves Beazel as much as I did!! So cute! That is Beazel in the car this morning too...he rode with us to school but had to stay in the car during the school day!
 
8. We joined the Church we have been attending here and I think I am even up to teach Sunday School...should be fun!
 
9. Since school is back and I always have a "Quote of the Week" for my students. Here are two that I thought were pretty nifty.

 



No comments: