Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random Stuff Tuesday

Well thank goodness Norah is feeling better! Yeah! Let's see...got up early and walked with my neighbor before work. Went to work...during lunch I had to hit up CVS to have Norah's medicine flavored because she spit it all out this morning saying it was "yucky"...fabulous. Then I hit up dropping a dress off for Norah to be monogrammed for Easter. I got the dress last year so I hope it fits! After work...I picked up baby girl from school and she had a great day! Got home and Jeff headed out to the gym. I made dinner and now we are chillin'. Trying to get Jeff to watch "New Moon" tonight with me....yes...I've already watched it...and I got a no go on that one!! Might have to watch it by myself in bed! (Yes...I know I'm a dork!)

So running stuff...I really wanted to do my next half marathon with Krishna in June for the Zooma Annapolis. But it is on a Sunday and with all the days I've taken this month alone for Norah sick days...I can't take the Monday after the race off...which I would need to travel. Boo!

But I think I have found another half marathon the same weekend but the race is on Saturday in Hickory, NC which is only an hour or so away. I know nothing about Hickory or the race....so if anyone has any ideas about it or scoop on it...please let me know!!! Jeff is telling me it is going to be hilly...we'll see! :) I'm also trying to talk Jeff into running it...but no luck so far.

So another random thing to share...wanted to show you some of my new loves...
I know the pic isn't that great but oh well. The magic bullet, which my co-worker gave me for my birthday...she rocks!...has been the best thing for making smoothies...Jeff and I are smoothie King and Queen here! Almond butter with roasted flaxseeds from trader joes...I eat this one on an apple for a snack and it is super yummy! And the fat free vanilla organic greek yogurt from trader joes...I add some granola and this has been my go to lunch these days! Anyway...thought I would share!
Well I'm off to get Norah in her PJs and off to bed....and maybe watch New Moon...again! :)

3 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

My favorite almond butter is from TJ's! It's so yummy :)

Caryn said...

I am from Hickory! I don't know anything about the 1/2 or that they even had one but I can't imagine it being that hilly. Hickory is nice too and it probably would not be too crowded of a race.

Caryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.