Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend...not as planned...

So Friday...Norah's fever got to 103.1...but I kept thinking it was a 24 hour bug or something. So I just watched her and loved on her...she layed around and took it easy. Once Jeff got home...I went for a real quick run (2 miles) to just get out of the house for a second. We ordered pizza Friday night and just chilled.

Saturday we got up and I took Norah's temperature and it was fine. So I thought...yeah it was just a bug or something...well put on running clothes. And Norah and I went outside some to check out Jeff's project....
This is layer one to a new paver patio for the backyard...

This is one truck load of pavers....
Norah seemed to be okay and just hung out doing little things in the yard...but soon she didn't seem so hot. We went inside and I took her temperature....fever time...in the 102 range again. So I didn't want to leave her to run since Jeff was outside. So she went down for a nap and I went to run errands...Target...got New Moon DVD (Yippee!), hit up EarthFare and Trader Joe's. Time I got home..she was up. So we hung out low key all afternoon since she had a fever all day. Poor thing. Saturday night...Jeff was still working on the patio...he was seriously working on it till like 11 pm!! Meanwhile...I was watching New Moon!! So no run for me on Saturday.
Sunday...woke up...Norah has a fever!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! So basically we hang out...Norah ends up taking her nap early at noon and sleeps for 3 hours. She woke up in a pool of sweat where she sweated out that fever. So the rest of the afternoon she seemed better but still not great. We got rain here today so Jeff covered up his progress on the patio and will have to finish it this week. When Norah is sick, I always feel like I don't want to leave her in case something happens so I didn't go run outside this morning. So then it was raining...no choice but to hit the treadmill. I did it and I felt so much better afterwards. I miss it when I can't go running or do something...it makes me grouchy.
So tomorrow's plan so far is that I will stay home in the morning and take Norah to doctor...please let me get an early appointment. Then Jeff will come home at lunch and take over so I can go to work. Crazy!!!!
So our weekend didn't go as planned. I hate that Norah is sick again...I feel so bad for her. She also missed her friends' birthday party on Saturday too! Well I guess I'm off to bed. I did finish the book Sugar Queen last week...it was a cute, easy read. I haven't decided what to start on next...as I have a lot of goodies in my "to be read" pile. Also I am signed up to run a 10K on April 10 and had planned to be have worked to a point where I could make a time goal and get "faster." But with the Norah being sick the last couple of weeks...I haven't run as much as I should be. But slow or slower...I will run it and it will be fun!
Keep your fingers crossed that Norah just has a bug and will feel better tomorrow! And that the rain goes away so Jeff can finish the patio!

No comments: