Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Lots of Snow!

This is going to be a long post! Christmas Eve we decided to go to lunch at Cracker Barrell...yum! It may be a new tradition!


Then we came home and Frankie and Denny came to visit for a little while. Jeff, Norah and I got to open all our gifts from them! We racked up! I got a ton of running clothes and gear. I also got the book Thrive which I started reading and some other things. Jeff got shoes and clothes. Norah got a cash register, leapster, microphone (which she slept with on Christmas Eve!) and some other things. Thanks Ma and Denny...we loved everything!!!! (I didn't get any pics of Frankie and Denny again...gotta get better about this!)



Christmas Eve night we set out the cookies, milk and carrots for Santa and the reindeer and wrote him a note. Woke up Christmas morning and Santa was so good to us!


This is a close up of Norah's loot from Santa! She was a very good girl!







Then after presents...we made breakfast and just played with all the toys. Next up we got ready to go to Jeff's brother's house for lunch and presents with his side of the family. His one brother, Glenn, and his wife, Denise, and our nephew, Wil, were not able to make it as Denise was very sick. Somehow I forgot to take pics!! I hate when that happens! So here are a couple of pics we took before we left to go over there.

Norah loved her variety of suckers she got in her stocking and she asked for a flute for Christmas....and as you can see...Santa delivered!

We had a great time with the Hoppe family and got more presents!! Norah got a game, tea set and some Melissa and Doug fake cookies...Jeff got a bunch of stuff that relates to his obsession with guns!....I got fuzzy crocs (my new house slippers!), pizza stone and food scale. We came home and crashed!
We then woke up today to this....
We got about 3-4 inches of snow! It was the great fluffy snow too!

Luckily I had picked up some snow boots for Norah the other day! Look at her necklaces...she got a necklace making kit from Santa and she and her daddy made them!


She sees the snow and is ready to go out there!!



The dogs loved it! They were running all over the place!





We came in after awhile and Norah played with all her toys...I mean was entertained for hours! Then we went back out for round 2....

At first they made just one snowman (Thanks Sarah for the carrot!...the reindeer and then Norah ate my last one!) and then Norah decided that this was daddy and we needed a snowman for me, her and each dog....
Here is the final product...the whole Hoppe family!


Well today is ending...it has been a great, super busy weekend and we loved Christmas 2010!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Looks like you had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I love all the pictures :) I can't believe you got snow! We had a few flurries here in Florida but not much accumulation. It's down to 27 degrees tonight so we are staying bundled!