Thursday, December 9, 2010

You are not going to believe me...

So....Wednesday comes and I still feel awful and still have fever (throw in some hurling too)...Thursday comes and hey...I still have a fever and feel awful. Go to get dress and head back to the doctor. As I take my clothes off (I usually have on 95 layers since the fevers make me hot but still freezing!) and what do I see...a rash ALL OVER my body. That's right ladies and gentlemen...5 days straight of fever and now a rash. Head to doctor and after three doctors have checked it out as they are amazed how bad it is...conclusion: ALLERGIC TO PENICILLIN. WTF?! Sorry but really. How in 32 years I wasn't allergic to it and now I am? So when I started taking the antibiotic on Tuesday it was actually making me sicker...nice. Oh, and don't forget that I still have the strep and ear infection (yesterday I could not hear anything out of my right ear...so annoying!) So new medicine and lots of praying that tomorrow I will be better. Now if anyone wants to decorate my tree, clean my house, do laundry or study for my last exam...let me know.


Well onto more fun stuff. Yesterday was Norah's parade, program and lunch at school. I had asked the doctor on Tuesday if it was okay to go and she said since the antibiotic would be in my system for the 24 hours it was fine. It was really cute and Norah did a great job in the parade. They did this cute little manger scene/play and sang some songs. Since they practiced last week and Norah was only there for 2 days...she seemed to shut down during the play. So she just sat there and didn't sing. She was still cute! Then we went back to their room for lunch with the kids and parents.

Here they come....love that the first little girl is picking her nose... :)
Hey Norah!!!
She is having fun! (those of you that are curious...each class has a theme and they all walk around the school twice like a parade. It is cute!

The set up for the program....

All on stage...Norah was an angel!

Still hanging in there...

Her favorite part....cupcake with green icing at lunch!

This is a pic from Jeff and I Saturday night before all the sickness set in...
So what have I been watching on television while I lay in bed with 300 layers covering me up...well let's just say that there is nothing on tv during the day! I mean really nothing. But I did watch some old CSI: Las Vegas (do love CSI) and the show The Closer (after watching it a couple of times...I really like it.) And there was one House Hunters International that I watched that was really interesting about these people from Australia moving to the Great Barrier Islands. You have to set up your own electricity and water supply....living very "off the grid"...it was really amazing.



16 more days till the Christmas...EEK! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better!

Hilary said...

Oh no! Fever, chills, and a rash! If you can;t take an antibiotic are you still on meds? I hope you feel better soon!