Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finally Free...

Well today I finally feel like I am free (or as free as a married mom can feel!). I had my last exam on Monday night and finished Christmas shopping today! Now I want to just get my house clean/organized at least back to "our" normal level. And I REALLY want to enjoy Christmas time. I hope to watch some Christmas themed movies.

Maybe even read books that are not school related and just for fun like "Prep."
I also want to bake some goodies, drink wine, spend lots of time with my hubby and baby girl.
I am also on the mission of getting back on track with running again (can I please stay well for the next few months...stay away germs!) I actually ran on Monday and then today...I got up at 6:30 am and ran in 16 degree weather. The hardest part about running in the cold...is just to go. Once you are out there...it is fine. Of course you need kleenex and chap stick in your pocket of your coat (forgot the chapstick this morning) and lots of layers! After not running for a couple of weeks due to sickness...I am definitely lacking speed (basically I am slower than the slow I already was) but I can still do the miles. Hopefully I can build the miles back up fairly quickly. I am 100% doing the half marathon in February and really want to do the one in January...but that one is more about logistics.
I finally watched "Eat, Pray, Love" this past Sunday and it was so..so. I really loved the book and of course the movie does not go into as much detail as the book so for me it was just okay.
Well we are supposed to get some sort of snow/rain combo tonight...we'll see what that means. They had a note that went home with Norah today to watch the local news to see if the school is delayed or closed tomorrow. Here is a pic of Norah that I took today when she got home. Her little ponytail on her head looked like a sprout growing out of her head...it was hilarious!

Norah was "Top Dog" at school on Tuesday and she got to take something for show-and-tell and took her sparkle sunglasses. This is her in the car when I picked her up...she is too cute! Well I am off to try to convince Jeff to get firewood and make a fire! :)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your much deserved and needed break. I really liked Prep, but did not love Eat Pray Love. You will have to let me know what you think.